The remains of an interesting sacral edifice, the church of St Mary of the Spring is located in the camp Ježevac, on an elevated plateau surrounded by a forest. The church was first mentioned in 1486, but only the fact that it existed, not when it was built. The church is a simple, single-nave structure with semicircular apse protruding on the east side, the walls of which are made of dressed stones laid in regular layers. This way of masonry, the dimension and form of the edifice are characteristic for Romanesque churches, made from the 12th until the 13th century. Still, the findings of decorative stone reliefs indicate its slightly earlier emergence, in the 11th century. In the later stage of construction, a smaller rectangular addition was added on the northern side of the church. The thickness of the walls indicates that this was a high structure, probably a bell tower. The church is on a dominant position, offering a view of the channel, so the bell tower obviously served to alarm the population of the nearby city of Krk in case of incoming danger from the sea.
A significant finding was discovered east of the church, near the apse. Here, in a live rock rising about fifty centimetres above the ground level, a deep pit was discovered, which may be interpreted as a natural well. There are visible traces of dressing on the rock, which made this inaccessible natural creation into a usable source of water through human activity. This well-spring is obviously the reason why the church was located at this site and it is the holder of the name Sancta Maria delle Aque, or St Mary of the Spring.
The local tradition, noted around 1500, mentions a legend related to the church about the arrival of St Francis to the island of Krk, where he hid with his brothers from the incoming storm in the harbour along the church of the Mother of God. According to the legend, this is where they found a hermit who was taught about the rules of their order. The hermit accepted those rules and they became the basis of the establishment of the Franciscan order in the city of Krk.