The castle, walls and archaeological remains in the café Volsonis

The castle, walls and archaeological remains in the café Volsonis

The walls of the city of Krk have been preserved almost entirely, while their oldest part dates back into the prehistorical time.

The cathedral, St Quirin and the bell tower

The cathedral, St Quirin and the bell tower

The Krk cathedral carries the name of the Blessed Virgin Mary, which according to the discovered inscription about the construction, probably existed in the second half of the 5th and the beginning of the 6th century...

Krk

Krk

The oldest traces of the city of Krk and its surroundings date far back into prehistory.

The church of St Clement in Klimno

The church of St Clement in Klimno

The church of St Clement in Klimno is mentioned in various sources already in 1381 as the property of the family Malatestinić from Soline.

The church of St Peter in Gabonjin

The church of St Peter in Gabonjin

The church of St Peter on the peak near Gabonjin was originally a Medieval church, dated into the 13th/14th century.

The church of All Saints in Sužan

The church of All Saints in Sužan

The church of All Saints in Sužan dates back to 1514 when it was built under the patronage of the brotherhood of All Saints from Sužan.

The church of St George on the hill near Kras

The church of St George on the hill near Kras

The church of St George on the hill near Kras is only partially preserved, in the archaeological layer.

The church of St Philip and Jacob

The church of St Philip and Jacob

The Medieval church of St Philip and Jacob is situated on a hidden little hill above Soline.

The church of St Vitus

The church of St Vitus

The church of St Vitus is one of the oldest Dobrinj churches. It is assumed to have been built in 1100.

The church of St Peter – Soline

The church of St Peter – Soline

The cove of St Peter is mentioned already in the old Glagolitic document, a sale contract from 1379, and afterwards in the Glagolitic document by the prince Ivan Frankopan from 1465, in which it was called “the land of St Peter”.

The parish church of St Stephen and the bell tower

The parish church of St Stephen and the bell tower

The parish church of St Stephen is one of the oldest parish churches, which is witnessed by the Glagolitic charter from 1100, mentioning this church. The church was dedicated by the Krk bishop Dunat a Turre in 1512.

Dobrinj

Dobrinj

The Dobrinj area has always been densely populated since the prehistory.

The church of St John the Baptist and Kapari

The church of St John the Baptist and Kapari

Na putu koji vodi prema vrbničkoj luci (Namori) nalazi se crkva sv. Ivana Krstitelja, zaštitnika Vrbnika. Crkvu je u 14. stoljeću dao izgraditi pop Damjan, vjerojatno 1323. godine.

Gradec and the Frankopans

Gradec and the Frankopans

The famous locality Gradec is situated near Risika, almost hidden in the thick forest. The remains of the large Castle – the fortress by the princes Frankopans, have been preserved.

The church of St Marco

The church of St Marco

The remains of the modest, derelict church of St Marco are located on a protruding headland, near the village Risika.